On January 7th , 2015, during our Mental Health/ Wellness Symposium students found solutions to real world problems.
Activity: Snowball Advice
You don’t have to look far to get advice. Some of the best advice comes from your peers
- Please write down on the form provided, a situation which you or someone you know, may be struggling with right now. (do not add any names).
- Crumple the form into a snowball and toss it into the center of the room.
- When instructed by the facilitators reach down and grab one of the snowballs from the floor (making sure that it is not your original form).
- Read over the situation and provide some healthy advice for how to handle the situation in the first column.
- When you are done, once again crumple your paper into a snowball and toss it to the center of the room
- Repeat steps 3-5 two more times.- try not to repeat any ideas or advice that has already been written on the form.
- At the end of this symposium we will be collecting all of the situations and suggestions and compiling a google document. Please check back on the document at a later date to receive your peer advice.
We’re extremely excited and proud to share their thoughtful, helpful, responses. Please scan the QR code to take a look at the advice Bishop Carroll students shared.