I was tagged in this homework meme post by my Fellowship of the Openspokes pal Jeremy Inscho (@jeremyinscho). I thought it was a great way to learn more about members in my PLN as well as share some new information about myself.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I was originally named Aaron but found out it was the `boys way` to spell my name in elementary and begged my parents until they legally changed it to Erin when I was 10.
2. This year I am coordinating a homestay program between Tarui Japan and Calgary… the same program I was a homestay family for when I was in grade 8 and 9.
3. My favorite colour is indigo.
4. I say my favorite fruit is kiwi… because I`ve always said that not because I really like them.
5. When I was 12 I won the grand prize on a kidsTV gameshow `Kidstreet` with my little sister.
6. I find the sound of the ocean very relaxing.
7. My second toes are longer than my big toes…
8. So far I have been to 15 countries in this world and I would love to keep them number rising.
9. I love talking to other people
10. I wanted to be a koala rancher when I grew up
11. I am still learning every day
QUESTIONS FOR ME:
- What was your favourite class in university? I have been out of university of so many years…. I liked any class where I felt connected to my professor. I remember taking a stats course one summer with the most amazing man. He would always call us by our last names, he let us resubmit before the deadline until we got it right, and he would make comments to me like `it says you sent this to me at 5 am, shouldn`t you be in bed right now?!`- Lately my favorite MOOC was etmooc.
- If you could only read one blogger next year, who would it be? I like George Curous
- If you could have your choice of career changes tomorrow, what would you choose? Koala Rancher or International Relations
- What is your favourite way to relax? Spending time in the sun, either by trees or the ocean.
- How do you burn off energy when needed? Ride my bike or walk
- Who is your favourite author and book/series? Love a variety of books…. this year I do not have access to many so I`m extending my genres… ie reading anything English in my house.
- Introvert or extrovert? Extrovert…. but still need some alone time or I`ll get going to fast.
- Mac, PC, or other? Both. Mac at home, PC at School. Believe it or not, I don’t have a preference.
- Which is your favourite social media? Facebook is the most international one for me right now…. but when back in Canada twitter
- Who is the most influential member of your PLN? Susan Spellman Cann always makes sure I`m in the loop
- Do you have any quirky habits? I like the big picture… my husband is great at the little details therefore we make a good pair
Now it’s your Turn:
- You. (this includes all the people I didn’t name because I figured they thought they were too cool to do this as well as those I never even thought, which could be you. Either way, I’ll read what you write)
Questions from me:
- What is the best field trip you have ever been on?
- What is your favorite song?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you “grew up”? What are you now?
- What inspires you?
- Favorite way to spend a Saturday.
- Best vacation ever?
- What do you love about your job?
- What is challenging about your job?
- What is your comfort food?
- Where in the world would you like to travel?
- What is your hope for 2014? Go on, you have homework to do.