Many have attempted to identify the skills important for a learner today in this era of the 21st century (I know it is an overused phrase). I have an affinity towards the skills identified by Tony Wagner:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Collaboration across networks and leading by influence
- Agility and adaptability
- Initiative and entrepreneurialism
- Effective oral and written communication
- Accessing and analyzing information
- Curiosity and imagination http://www.tonywagner.com/7-survival-skills
Today I viewed a slideshow created by Gallup entitled, The Economics of Human Development: The Path to Winning Again in Education.
Here are some slides from this presentation.
This presentation sparked my thinking about what other skills and attributes would serve the learners (of all ages) in this era of learning. Some other ones that I believe important based on what I hear at conferences, read via blogs and other social networks include:
- Hope and Optimism
- Empathy and Global…
View original post 1,155 more words